Monday 9 July 2007

Summerlicious.. yum!


Summerlicious has once again started in Toronto offering prix fixe menus at 130 of Toronto's finest restaurants.

First up this year was Truffles at the Four Seasons Hotel in Yorkville.

The decor is a throw back to 1980s 'Tuscan' themes, so much so I was a little shocked that there wasn't a trompe l'oeil dominating a wall. The service was fine but not spectacular.

The food on the other hand was sublime.

I had the summer melon salad with a perfectly balanced mixture of watermelon, rock melon, baby arugula and fetta cheese in a honey truffle and balsamic dressing.. yum, yum, yum.

For main I had the pepper papperdelle with artichokesl, which was perfectly cooked and again a stunning balance of flavours.

For dessert it was grilled peaches breton. I don't particularly like dessert, but if it hadn't been terribly rude would have licked my plate.

Gastronomic delight!

No comments: