Friday 20 July 2007

Dirty Rotten Two-wheel Thieves


Ladri di biciclette (The Bicycle Thieves) is a brilliant Italian neo-realist film from 1948 directed by Vittorio De Sica. It's about a poor man searching the streets for his stolen bicycle, which he needs to be able to work.

Tragic and wonderful film and unfortunately all to easy for me to relate to today.

My beautiful bike, that I too use to ride to work, has been STOLEN.

The shameless scoundrels nabbed my two-wheeled beauty from outside of my boyfriend's apartment, even though it was securely chained to the designated bike rack.

Imagine my horror when I happily went down stairs; my swish bike baskets in hand; ready to ride to work only to discover it GONE, GONE, GONE!

I know I am not the first and sadly will not be the last person to face this predicament but I am extra sad because my bike was a beloved gift from dear friends.

Heartless Thieves know this -- your karma will catch up with you for this and I hope it is excruciatingly painful and deforms you in the process!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bastards, I have seen that movie, it is pretty good. Now you can get a bmx so you and greg can be Toronto's answer to the brown street boys. Make an early claimm on being Vinny and tell Greg he can be Marty.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the loss of your bike. I understand how devastating it can be because all three of my children have lost bikes to thieves. We have lost 2 bikes at home and 2 bikes at schools (yes one child has lost 2 bikes) and it is always hurtful. I think that if we were allowed to select the punishment for criminals the thieves and such would be more hesitant to commit crimes.