Wednesday 18 April 2007

Map of My World








According to TravBuddy I have visited 36 countries which makes up 19% of the world's countries thus far.

I am a big enough geek to like these sorts of maps as it spurs me on to travel more, though sometimes I feel a little faux counting the Vatican as a country.

I was a little amused to see that where every other country gets counted as a single entity, the U.S.A is represented by its individual states, not that they are self-important or anything.

My geeky side would like a map that can calculate how many kilometres I've logged in. What I'd like even more would be way of showing how long or how many times I've been to each place. For example I only spent a day in Japan but have lived in Canada for almost three years, and have visited France 15 times. I think coloured lines showing each trip would be cool too.

I should probably mention that my friend Kirrily and I have some informal rules on what it takes to add a country on to your list. This includes that you have to have left the airport, train station etc, hence why I can't count Slovakia, Texas or California.

Ok, that's enough geekiness now, even for me.

No comments: