Monday 16 April 2007

Another new bride-to-be!


During the time that I was 27/28 years old I went to twelve weddings. It was a bridal bonanza for a few years there. Not that I minded, as I have mentioned before, I really like weddings. I will sheepishly admit that I also really like getting all dressed up and buying outfits to wear to weddings.

Then things settled down and the weddings were few and far between but I had been warned that when you get close to your mid-thirties things heat up and the frenzy begins again. It looks like they might be right.

Congratulations Nele & Simon on your engagement!

I have known Nele since we studied together at the Cambridge University Art History Summer School in England eleven years ago. Despite both of us moving continent more than once we have always managed to stay in relatively frequent contact and she is one of my most favourite people out there.

I always have a wonderful, wonderful time when we are together and I can't wait to help celebrate her marriage in France. I am hoping that it might also mean another mini-reunion of the other Cambridge friends we share as we haven't all been together since Marie-Pierre's wedding five years ago.

They say, everything comes in threes, so I am trying to work out who to wager will be next. Julie and Jim I think I am placing my money on you!

No comments: