Friday 3 August 2007

Virtual Life - abbastanza bene


I spend a sufficiently significant proportion of my life immersed in virtual environments, so the idea of having a second completely virtual life does not appeal at all. My attitude is 'abbastanza bene' - rough translation but add some passionate flair- "well enough!"

Others would disagree and for them there is Second Life.

Second Life is a 3-D virtual world entirely built and owned by its Residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively and today is inhabited by a total of 8,572,556 Residents from around the globe.
You get to build your own 'avator' (persona) including what you look like, make friends, engage in social activities and can even buy land...all virtually.

I have a hard enough time managing my physical life without adding the burden of a virtual one.

No comments: