Wednesday 15 August 2007

Roadside Giants


There is something about Australia, Canada and the U.S that has inspired multitudes of communities, across all of these countries, to build 'giant' or 'big' roadside replicas of things to use as tourist attractions. Quite often they are food, which just adds to the oddness really.

I had a friend who was so fascinated by this phenomenon that he wrote his thesis on the very topic.

I personally have no great fondness or aversion to 'giant' roadside mascotts, except one. Anyone who is the slightest bit aware of how much I despise bananas can imagine my horror that a giant one exists, I don't care if it made out of fibre glass... ewwwww.. ick!

List of Australia's 'Big' attractions, click here.
List of Canada's 'Big' attractions, click here..

No comments: