Tuesday 18 September 2007

Remembrance of things past


I firmly believe the universe conspires and works in patterns.

Today is my Remembrance of Things Past Day, it even unfolded in a backwards-moving chronology!

It started this morning on the way to work when I ran into one of the first friends I made when I moved to Canada. A girl I think is absolutely wonderful, but as happens, I don't see or speak to anywhere near as much as I would like.

I got to work and received a message from a girl I went to high school with, who I haven't spoken to for well over a decade.

Half-an-hour later, I received a message from my brother that included a link to a website of photographs taken by a guy I went to elementary/primary school with, a lonnnnnng time ago. I remember Shane playing air-guitar on his ruler in Grade Five, who knew he would go on to become such a talented photographer! To see Shane's truly beautiful photos, click here

To make the day complete I just need to hear from the friend I have know longest - our mothers knew each other when they were pregnant with us - though that would be cheating as I never lost touch with her in the first place. That said, I always like hearing from her.

I just hope that's where it ends, not sure how I would feel about 'long-losts' from past lives contacting me.

No comments: