Tuesday 25 September 2007

Communicate with the Dead - Forget Ouija Boards Use the Web!


www.youdeparted.com is a web based service that allows people to communicate with departed loved ones. Though it initially sounds like a crock, the concept is actually quite practical.

I came up with the idea for a website where I could store my personal details so that in the event of my death (my departure if you will), vital information and instructions would be available to my family.
- Collin Harris, President of YouDeparted.com
This way people can access information that others won't necessarily know about a person such as:
* digital copies of important documents for reference.
* Final letters and emails - Final messages for family and friends.
* Final wishes - Funeral arrangements, eulogy, obituary, notifications.
* Instructions - To help settle your estate, to-do's, when to pay bills.
* Locations - Where to find important documents, insurance policies, keys, etc.
* Secret Info - Passwords, hidden accounts, lock combinations, etc.

It is certainly an original idea and much more reliable and less labour intensive than trying your luck with a ouija board...

"Aunt Murtle.. the next letter of the password.. was that an 's' for 'sugar' or 'f' for 'fred'?"
... see what I mean!

No comments: