Wednesday 30 May 2007

Lyn Hancock - My favourite Adventurer


There are certain people who you meet along the road of your life journey that make an instant and lasting impression on you. People that not only make you smile and teach you a great deal but at times make your jaw drop open in amazement at the things they have done and continue to do. I also usually find that these people are incredible story tellers, and I always feel a little self-indulgent when I'm in their company.

Lyn Hancock is certainly one of those people. She oozes so much life and enthusiasm, I am often surprised that people don't get physically bowled over by the sheer energy of her.

I have only known Lyn for about a year. In that time she has sent me amazing articles about her jungle trekking trip to Belize that was done on a whim; and given me an exciting whirl-wind tour of the nature beauty of Vancouver in her car (which is always easy to find as it's brandished with the covers of her books and her business card all over it).


In the past forty years, apart from trekking and teaching all over the world, Lyn spent a decade raising seals, raccoons, cougars, bears, apes and other creatures which eventually populated pages in her 19 books such as the classic There’s a Seal in My Sleeping Bag and There’s a Raccoon in my Parka and the popular Love Affair with a Cougar and more recently Tabasco The Saucy Raccoon.

If you haven't read a Lyn Hancock book yet, I highly, highly recommend them.

No comments: