Thursday 6 December 2007

Book Worm Goes High-Tech


I have always been a bit of a book worm, unashamedly so.

At the moment I am reading a fabulous book by Alberto Manguel called 'The Library At Night'. The book ponders everything from why people feel compelled to collect books; the history of ancient libraries; and how the author and his library are slowly becoming 'one', due the dust from the books and the dusk from his shedding dead-skin cells intermingling.

I am not in a position where I can have a wonderful physical library, yet, so I am creating an online one for myself at Shelfari.

Shelfari is perfect as I always have trouble remembering what I have read - I've accidentally brought the same book twice - in the past. This way I can create an online catalogue for myself, see what my friends are reading, and get ideas for future reading.

So until I get the physical library I have always dreamed of I am a relatively happy book worm. Not sure I want my library and I too intermingle our dust so we become 'one', but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

No comments: