Tuesday 12 February 2008

Thriller25

Maybe you have to be a certain age, but to me Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was somewhat of a defining moment of my youth in terms of music.

I remember my eight year-old self threatening to beat up a kid in my class because he had stolen my little brother's prized "Michael Jackson Thriller" Magazine. Thriller was the very first tape my brother ever brought. Sigh he was always cooler. He brought the best selling album of all time, I brought Olivia Newton John...

To me 'Beat It' was about as bad-ass as it got.

In February 2008, a 25th anniversary edition of Thriller will be released, featuring bonus tracks - unreleased songs and remixes by artists like will.i.am, Akon and Kanye West.

So here's to celebrating a more innocent time in so many ways! With Thriller very impressively re-enacted 1,500 plus CPDRC inmates.


To view the original 'Beat It', that I can't embed click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't happy with the old lance fortune, I think I went a previously unobserved by the human eye shade of red that day.