Friday 25 January 2008

Happy Australia Day



I've been hibernating of late, which is the only sensible thing to do when most days are -10 degrees (before wind-chill)...brrrr... this Aussie just wasn't made for such a climate.

Tomorrow (which is already 'today' back home) is Australia Day.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY FELLOW AUSSIES! Have a lamington for me. Non-Aussies spare me your Fosters, it's only export beer don't ya know. Mum I hope you make the ice-cubes shaped like the Australian land mass, as usual. I miss them.



To celebrate I am off to see a performance called Small Metal Objects which is not only an Australian production, but from my home state of Victoria. Very fitting I think.

After that I imagine I will end up at Hemingway's (Toronto's Australian pub) at some point, less culturally refined but utterly suitable for celebration of my country's national day.

No comments: